Wednesday, February 07, 2007

That's IT!

I'm about to start flipping out.

A long while ago, I posted on motivational speakers and how their reps constantly solicit me for speaker engagements at our events. And I’ll be honest - to the quadriplegic who climbed Mount Everest and the woman who died and came back blind, but is more self-fulfilled than ever because she saw “the light”? My audience doesn’t care. No offense, but they don’t. The only thing that inspires them is finding out how they’re going to make more Money, with a capital M.

Me? I’ll probably be weeping buckets at your story, but that won’t stop my attendees from stampeding towards the Exit sign in droves. Unless you tell them that climbing Mount Everest with no arms and legs will make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. Then I foresee them reconsidering how much they value their limbs.

I have one word for you: prosthetics
Having said THAT, let’s just go back to why I’m so fed up in the first place – John Paul Warren. I have no idea who this guy is – nor do I care. But if you read the comments posted to that post, it’s John Paul Warren Overload. A tempest in a teacup, much ado about nothing, big fish in a really, really small pond type of thing. Either he’s brainwashed these people into a weird cult or my post has been turned into one GIANT advertisement for John Paul Warren!

Seriously, the guy doesn’t register on anyone’s radar outside of Bumblefuck, USA or wherever he's from. I did an informal poll of my colleagues and conference planners – no one’s heard of him. He’s not on Wikipedia and Google turned up one link to his website within the top ten searches under his name. I’m not even going to link back to his website, because I don’t condone evangelism in any religion. I think it’s bullshit and I can't stand proselytization. There, I said it (ducking crosses).
And just for comparison’s sake – little old me has four hits in Google’s top ten when you search my name. In the Google scheme of things, if I’m a little ant, John Paul Warren is an ant’s toenail.
So to all the sycophants who have been bombarding me with pro-John Paul Warren posts, back off! I may not be able to post as much as I used to, but don’t think I don’t know what you’re up to. You can’t have my soul and you most certainly cannot have my blog!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really had to comment on this when i looked at John Paul Warren's website

He is a God botherer that lives in Las Vegas!!!!!!

It wont be long before we hear another rehab story and forgiving of sins etc etc

Dont you just love them

C

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi M is it me, or have all the John Paul Warren acolytes missed the WHOLE point of your blog?

Scamp

9:31 AM  
Blogger Currin Girl said...

I think they have, they're still posting on the other post. I might have to shut that one down :(

9:11 PM  
Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

Maybe you should start selling John Paul Warren t-shirts and start selling them back to his adoring audience. I find people less offensive when I realize that I can make money from them.

G.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home