Thursday, August 17, 2006

Motivation: It's not just Tony Robbins

As I now work in corporate events, I get calls from sales reps who want us to book their clients to speak at our events. These are mostly comprised of motivational speakers, emcees, and marketing "gurus" (if you're such a marketing guru, why do you have a sales rep doing it for you?).

This is not exactly what we do, but nevertheless the links to the marketing literature and bios I receive make it. All. Worth. It. Here, I pay homage to the God of Bad Decisions. In case you're wondering, they are all real.

Would you choose this guy with the "right back at ya" pose?


Or maybe the guy who looks like the head waiter at your sister's bat mitzvah?

And then there's Tim Dagget, who's been a motivational speaker since winning his Gold Medal in 1984. He's so motivated, he hasn't updated his photo since:

Somebody in Market Research needs to exercise a little more discretion with their findings:

This one's one of my favorites. I have it framed on my desk already:

"I'mma motivate you! Or else!"

Deepak Chopra, watch out for his bad ass:

And he's motivating you like it's a root canal...

Then there's this throwback:


"You gotta motivate and sigh-hignnnn that Declaration of Independence!!!"

Winners, they're all winners.

ETA 2/11/07 - If you're reading this because you're one of those nuts who ab-so-LUTE-ly lurves John Paul Warren, read this post and kiss my a-haaaaaassssss!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about John Maxwell, John Paul Warren, TD Jakes???? These guys are the greatest!

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...I love to hear John Paul Warren, John Maxwell and TD Jakes speak. It would be heaven to have them all on the same stage. I heard John Paul Warren and TD Jakes together in the LA Convention Center. Just add John Maxwell and it would have been perfect!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love John Paul Warren's heart for world change! He is not only a great speaker he is a great humanitarian. He dreams if a new world. When you hear him speaker he draws you into his mission. He is far more then a motivational speaker. John Paul Warren is a world leader of a global movement of change!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Paul Warren and John Maxwell would rock the house! That would be the superbowl of conferences. John Paul is also a great humanitarian. His heart for world transformation is contagious!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Paul Warren is America's greatest transformational leader. I heard him 20 years ago for the first time...even then in his youth he was greating a movement of Gloal change. I was so inspired the first time I heard him speak that my whole life direction changed. His message is life changing. His life is inspiring! He believes that one person can make a world of a difference. I agree he is far more then a motivational speaker...He is a world leader of a movement to change the world. John Paul Warren has made a believer out of me....I have joined his cause to build a new and better world!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Paul Warren opened my eyes to global issues. I attended one of his conferences. He is an awesome speaker. The best part of the conference was that he made me aware of the needs of the world and how my life could make a difference. John Pauls passion for global transformation changed me forever! I too like many of you have joined his campaign to end world hunger! I have the faith that my life can make a difference.

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Paul Warren is in a league of his own! He is a world class speaker! His message is inspiring and transformational. His work with the students of harvard University is awesome! His work in Africa and other nations is a testimony of his heart. He is a man of character and principles. he is a Christian leader and charitable giver.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Jim Williams said...

My favorite speakers are John Maxwell, John Paul Warren and Jack Canfield. I would like to attend a conference with all three! I think they should team up! I just attended a confernce with John Paul Warren....he lifted the roof! The HUGE crowd wanted more! He is like no other! Where do these guys get the energy? The heart?

5:51 PM  

<< Home