Monday, December 25, 2006

Elf Yo'self and more Christmas fun

As I'm Jewish, Christmas has always equated to a day of total mooching around for me. As a kid, this was an endless day of boredom encapsulated by hours of mind-numbing TV due to the inability to go anywhere. Everything was closed and most of my friends would be with their fams.

But times are a-changin' and thanks to the Internet, I have a portal with which to amuse myself for hours and hours on end, as C is at work. And I've found a wealth of Christmastime amusement thanks to OfficeMax, who can find out where to send me the check by clicking on the Contact Me information in my profile. It's clever, it's fun, and it's saving me from the boredom of the day.

I love this video, because it's basically a video of people doing what they shouldn't be. They're checking out that box, like, "Hmmm, what's in here for me? That stapler I nicked from the supply closet just isn't going to get me through the holidays."

That one lady doing the little dance with her hands up in the air when she's caught? She's not "raising the roof", she's doing the Dance of Shay-haaaammeeee, my friend. Is that dance not similar to what the police ask you to do when they catch you stealing? Aaaahhhhhh! As for the guy who can't stop laughing, that's a, "Ho ho ho! I just got totally busted with hidden cameras at work. I'm never going to get that promotion now! Ho ho ho!" laugh.

Love it.

Then there's this video of the hilarity that ensues when you have mistletoe in an elevator and three actors in on the gag. I have nothing to add to this, it speaks for itself.

And finally, I've elfed myself. After watching it for more than a few seconds, I realize how truly capable I am of annoying my own self.

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

A belated happy Chanuka! I got to ring in a little menorah cheer with my aunt earlier this week (I'm half Jewish), which really just means that I made myself sick on latkes.

This elf-ing one's self--yours is the second one I've seen, the first one was too disturbing for words.http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=1ee0c776d3db29c8e10e626G06122414

My other favorite holiday snippet with mistletoe can be found here, though it may be more of Zoe's taste than yours. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUTfsirU9Ds

Happy holidays!

G.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Currin Girl said...

That elf clip is the reason why I couldn't sleep last night. But I laughed my head off in the office when I saw the doggie clip.

Thankfully no one's in this week.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home