Monday, June 26, 2006

My memory and You Tube are a dangerous combination

I gots myself a job! Considering it took four separate interviews and over an hour of doing an on-the-spot writing samples, my brain is fried. So I revert to sweeter, gentler times and do a search through You Tube to fulfill my 80s obsession. And it ain't pretty.

Do you remember "Teen Witch"? I remember "Teen Witch". More importantly, I remember The 'Top That' Rap. You know what I'm talking about - Woody Allen's long lost twin discovers her inner badass, rappin' self and starts droppin' the science on the streets of suburbia.

Classic moment in movie history. We should all aspire to such moments of greatness.

From the Oscar-nominated "Kickboxer". Jean Claude Van Damme fails to realize it's not personal, they just really don't like his dancing.

There are so many ways to commemorate a great man like Martin Luther King. A music video with a cast made up of Kurtis Blow, The Fat Boys, and Menudo (?!?) is probably not one of them.

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Butchie said...

AWESOME!!!

El DeBarge, Fat Boys, Full Force, Grandmaster Melle Mel, Whitney Houston, Kurtis Blow, Stacy Lattisaw, Lisa Lisa, Teena Marie, Menudo (with Ricky Martin), Stephanie Mills, New Edition, Run-D.M.C., James "J.T." Taylor, and Whodini.

I think I saw Belle Biv Devoe in there too.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Brandi Love said...

Vintage Teen Witch quote still used amongst my pussy posse: "You're dog!! A dog!!"

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home