Sunday, June 25, 2006

Scenes from a bar

If you're ever in the Miami area, I highly recommend you forgo South Beach for a day and go into the deeps. Therein lies Churchill's , a British bar literally in the middle of nowhere. Tip: this is not for the blingin'.

I'm not just plugging the place because our friend works there and she's lovely (ask for Alex and tip her really, really well), but because it's a real dive of a place that appeals to all. It's got no particular "crowd" - just a bunch of multiple personalities. One night it's heavy metal open mic? No wait, it's jazz. Oh, I'm sorry, it's rockabilly. But on this particular day, this was the place place to go to if you're going to fly down when the England vs. Sweden game is on.


Churchill's own personalized Mini waits outside

Rapt soccer fans...

...but not so rapt that a PYT on a pool table can't divert their attention from the game

His eyes are red...red for England

One England fan makes his feelings known

1 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

I’ve been reading about Miami as a possible holiday destination for my birthday in January. But I fear that, as a normal-looking less-than-perfectly-toned thirtysomething, I might feel somewhat conspicuous among the beautiful people.

That bar looks like fun, though.

Come on, England!


4/20

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home