Sunday, July 23, 2006

No place like home

We're back home now and I've been running around, getting myself sorted before starting my new job tomorrow. A shortlist of why it's so good to come back home from Greece:

1) Full-length tubs

2) Water pressure. Of any kind.

3) Being able to flush toilet paper i.e. no more close encounters with the E. Coli kind.

Okay, enough about the plumbing...

4) A daily diet that doesn't consist of Greek salad, kebabs, and our preferred "mixed grill" option on the menu. But I miss Greek burgers.

To take it a step further:
4a) Blimpie sandwiches
4b) Sushi
4c) Campbell's Creamy Ranchero soup
4d) Punjabi mix from Kalustyan’s
4e) I think you get the picture

5) Zoe dog, who I couldn't stop talking about the entire time we were away.

Keeping the bed warm until we get back

6) Frequent phone conversations with my mom.

6a) C's apparent relief at my now-resumed frequent phone conversations with my mom. His exposure to my 24/7 expression of the inner workings of my mind was starting to scare him.

7) Proper pints of Guinnii (that's multiple Guinness in M-Speak)

8) Being back in the Big Apple, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home