Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bon voyage for C

C leaves for England tonight. This is wierd, so I'm not my usual sparkling self today.

It's like when we were doing the long distance thing. Of course I'm excited for him. It's the first time he goes back since we got married. There's lots of people waiting to see him. I just wish I could go with him. This is where the disparity between American and European vacation time time just glares.


See how it's staring you right in the face?

After ten years of living by myself, I'm not used to be being alone anymore. (Somewhere in NJ, cheers are erupting from my family) As the joke between C and I goes, I'm like a plant. I need to fed, watered, and loved, and he's doing a damn fine job of that.
a
So, there you go. Imagine what dried-up shell of my former self I'll be when he gets back.

"C, come home"

(By the way, does anyone else not realize what a travesty it is to allow a small child to see E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial? If you're looking to give a kid issues, step right up here. Look at him! He's a squat, buggy-eyed alien who makes Chewbacca sound like a PhD in Languages. It's just wrong!)

But seriously, I'm thrilled for C and happy he gets to go home and see his fam. And I'll be even more thrilled when he comes home to me. But he better not forget the Tesco’s.

5 Comments:

Blogger Currin Girl said...

He comes back Monday night (dramatic sigh)

I know, I'm being over the top. It's just deja vu kicking in, from when we used to be apart all the time.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, absence does make the heart grow fonder. and i usually hate speaking in cliches, too.

stay strong, sister! oh, and if you're taking requests for the tesco's list, i'd love a galaxy ripple.

{p.s. totally know what you mean about et. everytime i watch the scene where he's all pale and ashy on the bathroom floor crying out, i lose it.}

~kim e.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are REPORTED!

-Edna Bambrick

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi M

We'll take good care of him and send him back in one piece.

scamp!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Currin Girl said...

Kim, you're on to something there. We're currently working on a Wonka-vision style blog, so we can transfer Ripple bars from our screen to your home.

We're finding deep-fried Mars bars a bit of a challenge though.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home