Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's raining cats and dogs out there today. I think I may have even seen my dog in the middle of all that. Going to the subway, I prayed and prayed they didn't shut the 6 line down because the pumps couldn't handle the water. I felt so lucky when, not only I got on, but that I didn't have to let any trains pass by until I could fit in.

Nevertheless, the train was busy. Like anyone else there, I'm standing there with wet hair, my umbrella folded and damp raincoat, just thinking about getting to work relatively on time. Then I feel someone elbow me and I turn around to see this big Brunhilda giving me a dirty look.

"You're all wet and, like, your wetness is getting through my shirt." Her mouth kept twisting around as she said this.

Not just me but several others, who also looked like drowned rats, turned around to stare at her as we all clocked what she just had said.

Finally, I opened my mouth: "Why don't you do all of us a favor? Give Mother Nature a call and tell her to do something about it."

Yeah. I'm so badass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home