Tuesday, September 25, 2007

File under Really Bad Idea

Mr. Incredible wants to name his child after a computer font. No, seriously. The man wants to name his future child - ostensibly a girl - Verdana. As opposed to...say...Helvetica or Tahoma.

Is that not the most moronic thing you’ve ever heard? When I heard this, all I could say was: why??? You are marking the child for a lifetime of playground abuse.

And if you actually think Verdana is actually somehow…pretty? Well, it ain’t so pretty when paired with Mr. Incredible’s last name! I would share said last name, but that would present a problem as far as discretion (and my job) goes. So think along the lines of the letter N. Like, two more sets of the letter N, taking the whole name into Bananarama Land. Because of this unfortunate pairing of names, I have not been able to get that Muppets song “Manamana” out of my head, making this shit B-A-N-A-N-A-S.



Seriously, somebody please make it stop.

Or maybe I’m the idiot here for not recognizing the plethora of unique and unusual baby names that Microsoft Office provides, rendering Hollywood creations “Apple” and “Kal-el” dull and unimaginative. Something with flair, like….Garamond? That has a touch of the Three Musketeers to it. Or how about Albertus Medium? Caesar would be so proud. And if you have twins, problem solved:

I present to you Wingdings and Webdings

Seriously? It's just downright wierd. But this is Mr. Incredible we're talking about, so you can't say I didn't warn you.

1 Comments:

Blogger H said...

HA! He SHOULD do it just because of the rhyming scheme! Imagine when the kid got older, his friends would say "Hmm, your parents smoked crack, huh?" :) lol

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home