Friday, July 13, 2007

Perfection in a candy

Strawberry Starbursts. You know what I’m talking about! Tart and sweet in perfect harmony, it's like a delicately balanced wine. I mean, this little square of chewy goodness is some serious candy. No disrespect to Cherry, Orange or Lemon, but it’s all about Strawberry when it comes to the Starburst fruit chews. And I’m really tired of having to buy whole bags of them just so I can pick out the strawberry ones and get my fix. Like a crack addict, I ferret through my bag for the strawberry ones and leave a Hansel and Gretel-like trail of the pink Starburst wrappers behind me.

I mean, why is the Starburst company not selling bags of only the strawberry ones? For some inexplicable reason, there’s a line of Strawberry Starburst bath products including shampoo, conditioner and a body gel, but no bag of just the actual candy. That is just so wrong! It's like waving a bottle of rum in front of an alcoholic. Can you be a strawberry Starburst alcoholic? Because one day, C is going to find me in a corner drinking the shampoo trying to fill up on that strawberry goodness.

I mean, look at the Japanese. They came up with strawberry KitKats! Could that not be more genius??? Look at that. That strawberry KitKat is just calling my name.

C, if I’m not there when you get home tonight, that’s because I’ve moved to Japan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

But have you tried eating the strawberry shampoo and hair gel, yet?

G.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home