Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy anniversary

A lot has been going on this week, but definitely not the least was C and mine’s one-year wedding anniversary on Monday. I won’t bore you with what we did and a recap of our year, and to be honest – that’s nunya biz.

What I will say is that it’s essentially also the one year anniversary of us living together and I think we’ve both learned a lot from that.

So, as a result of this experiment, I promise to C that:

- I will fold the towels after a shower, rather than flinging them over the shower door as I’m wont to do…yes, I know this would take away a few seconds from my morning coffee, but I love you that much.

- My daily re-enactment of Hansel and Gretel, starring dirty paper products as The Crumbs, will stop as of now. No more used tissues, dirty napkins, and paper towels all over the apartment. Even in the pockets of your sweatshirt that I like to wear when I walk Zoe.

- The elephant in the apartment in the morning (otherwise known as Moi) has left the building. I will be quiet while you are asleep after working the night shift. No more sounds of clattering spoons, tripping over things, and tap-tapping away at the keyboard. Well, I’ll try anyway.

In return, you must promise that:

- You will stop using our “good” kitchen knives as makeshift tools and slicing devices in our home. This partcularly includes the kitchen scissors that's included in the block. And yes, where I come from, they're Kitchen Scissors and not regarded as an alternative to pliers. Cease and desist from using it in any other manner except for the preparation of food.

- You will never, ever again step on any furniture (especially the sofa) with your work boots on. The same work boots that travel in close proximity to airplanes, along with the oil and grease they produce. Actually, this rule applies to any shoes you may be wearing.

- You will not leave out a package of potato chips in the open again where I can find them. This is for your benefit, as well as mine.

Do we got a deal? :)

As for anyone else there you have it - the secrets to a happy marriage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

It sounds like reasonable negotiation.

Particularly the kitchen scissors.

G.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi M. When C was a teenager the kitchen tablespoons either went walkabout or looked as if Uri Geller had been in town as they had been used to remove the tyres from his bicycle!

Scamp

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home