Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Fact: Work makes people crazy

Remember what I said about the the loo and related issues? Turns out I'm not the only one who feels that way. One person decided to make their feelings known, dammit!

I work amongst crazy people. I came back into the office today to find the women I work with laughing over an anonymous missive that was posted on the mirror in our restrooms. I decided to go check it out and this is what I find:


Because the image is so small, the actual text is shown below. And I'm glad that I have this photo, because I don't think anyone would believe me if I tried to just say it happened. And I can't believe I just re-typed the entire text here, but it's just too out there not to be true.

Start

There is a certain level of betrayal felt when you are on the telephone with someone and all of sudden you hear a flush.

Unbeknownst to me, my urination was broadcast through someone else's phone conversation, to G-d knows who. It was only the other day in the ladies' room, suddenly, I heard a voice, a male's voice, coming from the stall next to me.

Thinking I had walked in on something raunchy, I peeked under the stall to confirm or deny my suspicion. Only two feet in there, and they were wearing heels.

Turns out the male's voice was coming from the other end of a phone call about, of all things, how rude some people can be.

Was I on the MTV show "Boiling Points" here, or did that really happen? This is serious business.

It's not bad enough that I have to seriously sanitize the nasty toilet before I sit down, wait in line to wash my hands and then try not to touch the door handle, because I watched two people grab it after not washing their hands. Now I have to worry if I'm peeing too loud and being overheard by a complete stranger.

There is not reason you need to be having a conversation on the toilet. I repeat: There is no reason you need to be having a conversation on the toilet.

Can these people not wait three lousy minutes to call up their roommate and ask what time the "Friends" marathon is starting?

Is there any remaining human being with manners? Bathroom etiquette must be a thing of the past.

End

As for whomever wrote this, although I think you're completely out of your mind, I commend your style of crazy. Sing it, sister!

2 Comments:

Blogger Praz said...

I hate it when I'm talking to a friend and I hear a flush from their end of the phone. I just re-pay them in kind, rather than writing them a letter.
The best sign I found in a company restroom said something like, "Do not wipe on the walls. Please use the tissues provided."

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to write a witty retort to the lengthy bathroom missive, but I pooh poohed the idea :)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home