Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Spreadin' the love

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm not going to bore you with details of the day or tell you that it's the first one C and I are sharing as a married couple. You don't want to hear that.

So instead, I will share with you a few of the things that I love. Like:

1) New York Post Headlines (because they're such an arbiter of good taste)














Dick Cheney accidentally shoots a fellow hunter during a quail hunt in Texas, sparking countless late-night TV jokes and comparisons to Elmer Fudd. (The cover speaks for itself.)

Middle aged people are hornier than ever.

Pro: This should give us all hope.

Con: This makes me think of my parents (shudder)













Batman is going to fight terrorists and catch Osama.

(So this means that the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are for real, right?)












a
2) Agata and Valentina's mozzarella cheese

This will be the first of many references to what C and I fondly call "Aggy and Vally". Their mozzarella is this spongy, homemade ball of goodness and is just like the mozzarella they used to have at the old Balducci's on Sixth Avenue. Whenever I see the guy behind the cheese counter doing the Cat's Cradle with the ropes of mozzarella, stretching and preparing it for consumption, I'm hypnotised. I just want to tackle him down to the ground and run off with the bowl, so I can squirrel myself away somewhere and gnaw away to my heart's content.
a
3) Guinness stout
a
Only 31 days until St. Patty's Day, when these bloggin' eyes will be smiling.
a
4) Rollerblading
A
Especially from the Hudson River Bike Path, because not even Nicole Kidman or Calvin Klein can stop little old me from looking into the windows of their Richard Meier-designed apartments.
a
Nicole favors mauve.
a
5) Miami Beach
a
It's New York City South/England West - so C and I both feel right at home.
a
You think I'm kidding?
a
5) Zoe Dog
a
It's Valentine's Day - give the dog a bone! (Yeah, I know. She's all about the self-promotion.)
a
And most importantly - C (this is where you may want to stop reading)
a
Happy Valentine's Day, babe - this time will make up for having to be apart last year - I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home