Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Tastes like...

I'm a media junkie - I think we're establishing that over the course of this blog. I've got a journalism degree which is going to waste, love surfing for news, DVR TV newsmagazines like Dateline and 20/20 regularly, and gobble up the papers on the train in the morning.

But there are days like today, when it feels like my news got served with cherries and cream on top. There are days like today, where you read a story like this. With a teaser like "Woman does Mouth-to-Beak to save chicken", how do you pass that up?

I wish I wrote this story so I could say I met this crazy lady who did CPR on a chicken, just to see if she's still got it. I wish I'd been there when these words came out of her chicken-lovin' lips:

"I breathed into its beak, and its dad-gum eyes popped open," Morris said. "I breathed into its beak again, and its eyes popped open again. "I said, 'I think this chicken's alive now. Keep it warm.' "

It takes a brave woman to say, "Salmonella be damned, I'm going to save this Boo Boo from becoming a McNugget!"
a
Ms. Marian Morris of Arkadelphia, Arkansas, this beak's for you.
a

"Come on...you know you want to"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if your father was even more amused by Boo Boo's apparent revival LOL

11:02 PM  
Blogger Currin Girl said...

'Bout time! My father made me wash my hands after writing this post.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home