Saturday, November 12, 2005

Clarification

You know, it wouldn't have been my wedding if there wasn't a rumor associated with it. So let me clarify:

There wasn't any question who my matron of honor was going to be, because there's only one person in my life it could ever be. It wasn't a process of agonizing over, in addition, who would be maid of honor and how many bridesmaids; it was five minutes of thought before I said, "I can't be bothered with this political bullshit" and settled it then and there.

To date, I'm the only American born out of my entire family on both sides. It's largely 'American' to do bridesmaids, viewed by many Europeans as akin to having a gaggle of geese follow you around. So the cheers went up in my family when I announced my decision.

Enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home