Friday, April 14, 2006

Hangover Diary

Judging from my sorry physical (and mental) condition today, I believe the pregnancy rumors have been laid to rest. And in the process, I have nearly dislocated a rib from spending five minutes trying to open a tin of mints. Only to realize I was trying to open them from the wrong side.

Only four and a half hours more to go...

12:45 PM - I have the attention span of a gnat today. Why no one else notices that I have been carefully studying the "p" button on my keyboard for two minutes straight is beyond me.

1:45 PM - My boss' aura obviously is very blocked, because he's not responding to my telepathic messages to let us go home early.

2:25 PM - My stomach is a black hole that cannot be filled.

3 PM - What did people do with their hangovers at work before the Internet? I mean, just imagine. You're out at Studio 54 all night and then you show up at work with an aching head and bleary disposition. How did they kill the time? Especially on Good Friday, when it seems like the rest of the world is off from work. I shudder to think about it.

4 PM - Have I mentioned that my mother-in-law reads my blog? What she must think of me now...

4:30 PM - I am already plotting my premature escape from these hallowed walls. I have every intention of going home, holding the dog out the window so she can do her business there without my having to walk her, and settling in for the latest episode of Ghost Whisperer. All concluded with C coming home to find me asleep on the couch, the crumbs of a demolished pizza scattered around me and the computer actually off for once.

4:45 PM - I have "The Final Countdown" by Europe playing in my head. The FINAL Countdownnnnnnnn!

4:50 PM - I am off. Victory (and soon sleep) is mine!

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandi Love said...

If i had any clue we would be let go early i would be so hungover right now.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any news on the weird interview yet?

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it wasn't "Carrie" by Europe, or was that White Lion??? Cripes, the 80's, they haunt me, and yet I loved them very very much. And why did you have to work today???

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest M I think no less of you than I did on your wedding day. I still thank you for making my first-born so very happy. I also thank you for not being pregnant yet! I can only knit and crochet for one prospective grandchild at a time.

S

11:30 AM  
Blogger Currin Girl said...

Aw, I've got the warm and fuzzies! I'm very pleased to see you here!

And as for why I had to work, my company is one of "Those". Yes, "Those". That's the only way I can explain it.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home