Monday, October 02, 2006

Where in the world is M?

I have been lax in my posting responsibilities. I thought about posting an Exhaustion Diary somewhere along the way, in lieu of my Hangover Diary, but after reading what I wrote I came to this conclusion: I finally understand why Berlitz is such a popular method of breaking the enemy down.

In the meantime, Chicago was a bust, I had to share a room with my manager, and then I got home on the flight from hell. Remember Planes, Trains, and Automobiles?


Almost, but we didn't share the bed - I don't love my job that much!

And I realized that the bit of Chicago that I did see, which was the view from our hotel, wasn't that much different than the one I had the week before, working an event at Lincoln Center. One had a lake in the back, and the other had trees but otherwise, they kind of...well...look the same.

Chicago, with Lake Michigan in the back:

New York, with Central Park and 5th Avenue in the back:

This was my Vanilla Sky moment. If I don't do something, I too will get lost between two realities and convert to Scientology. So to prevent this from happening, I will be in Paris this weekend. Oh, yes.

That's right, I leave for England on Thursday and then I'm onto Paris on Friday for the weekend. That should be interesting. It will be my first time in that city, but I've heard it's near impossible to be an American in Paris without having your waiter fire off an anti-American rant directed at you and treat you like shit. But as long as they serve me my hunk of cheese on top of a freshly baked baguette, with a side of pate, I really couldn't give a fark what they have to say.

So pray for me and hope that I last amongst the Fronch peoples. And for your viewing pleasure, I will do my damndest to find the French equivalent of that German I saw on the beach in Greece. That and perhaps some more lessons learned by the time I come back next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home