Thursday, October 05, 2006

Going out with a bang

In spite of the fact that I'm flying long-haul to England tonight and then we're off to Paris tomorrow, I had to have a few drinks last night, didn't I? We had a work event and the bar was on the company dime. And because I wasn't going to be the only going down, I took my manager with me. For drinks at a bar around the corner after the event.

So when she showed up at work this morning, and then had to immediately lie down on a couch in the president's office with a wet rag on her face, that was not good. Not were the echoes that followed me around all day of "What did you do to her?" like I forcibly poured the drink down her throat.

As for me, given the current state of dehydration I'm in plus the 6-7 hours of flying I'm about to do, I will be shriveled up like a prune by the time I see C tomorrow.


"C, it's me M! You know...your wife?!?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home