Friday, August 05, 2005

Digging for China

My boss is a nose digger.

Okay, I swore I wouldn't post about work, because everyone knows that somehow, someway Big Brother is going to find out and you get fired. But nose digging at work? That's just crossing the line professionally. Nose digging, to me, is offensive on a personal level; therefore, I can post about it.

Nose digging is where the individual pretends that they are not picking their nose. The key to nose digging is the knuckle. They will rub and practically jam their knuckle up their nostril right in front of you. But since they're not actively picking their nose, that makes it socially acceptable.

Well, it's not okay. It's disgusting.

How many times I'm talking to my boss and I watch horrified, in slow motion, the knuckle going up, up and away. He's looking right at me, daring my eyes to waver to where his hand is and say Chicken. It takes every bit of my self control not to retch right there and then.

He's not the only culprit. People do this kind of shit all the time when think no one is watching- on the street, on the subway, in the back corner of a store, people do it. New York City is the people watching capital of the world. Besides the hundreds of security cameras beaming and recording your image all over the place, checking other people out is practically a competitive sport here.

You are not safe. We see you. And this will totally come back to haunt you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't be such a prude. just dig your nose in public and be liberated from the social mores that you have subjected yourself to. trust me you will enjoy it as much as you when you do it in your bedroom. free yourself!

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home